Roku has been known to have difficulty receiving a WiFi signal. If the Roku is in the same room as the router, use the 5GHz network (denoted with "_5" ie. YourNetworkName_5). If it is not in the same room, use the standard 2.4GHz WiFi network.
Improvements have been seen after performing a power-cycle. To do this, unplug the Roku from the power source for 10 seconds. If that doesn't resolve the issue, reset the network connection.
How to reset your Roku network connection:
- Press the Home button.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Advanced System Settings option from the list of settings.
- Pick the option for Network Connection Reset.
- Press the select button on Reset Connection to clear all of your network connection settings.
- Your Roku will reboot immediately.
- When it has finished rebooting, re-enter your WiFi name and password on the Roku.
If problems persist, we recommend hard-wiring the Roku. Roku will send an HDMI extender for free. We recommend that customers try using the extender: