What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a new, long-term $14 billion program that will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB Program). Households enrolled in the EBB Program as of December 31, 2021 will continue to receive their current monthly benefit during a 60-day transition period. After the transition period, the maximum monthly benefit will change from $50 per month to $30 per month.
The FCC has qualified Starry's digital equity program, Starry Connect, for participation in the Affordable Connectivity Program. Unfortunately, customers in Columbus, OH are not eligible for this benefit.
If you are already enrolled under the Emergency Broadband Benefit, you are eligible. There is no action needed at this time. We will be in communication about the details of the transition.
If Starry Connect is available in your building, you are eligible. You can enter your address at https://starry.com/acp/ to check to see if your address qualifies.
If Starry Connect is not available in your building, you may still qualify. Go to www.ACPBenefit.org to submit an application, or print out a mail-in application. Then, once registered, we can manually opt you into the Affordable Connectivity Program. A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program (Starry Connect).
If you qualify, please email our support team with your National Lifeline Verifier ID and date of birth, and we will get you opted into the program.
If you need to talk to someone about your eligibility or application status, call the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575.
What happens when ACP ends?
We don’t yet know when the ACP will end—but don’t worry, we’ll give you 60 more days of free service after that so you can decide if you want to pause, change plans, or cancel your Starry service.