If you have changed your WiFi name and password to something other than the default, please write down your WiFi name and password. You will need to re-enter this information in the steps below if you would like to have all of your devices automatically connect again.
To factory reset your Starry Dash+:
- Connect to the Starry Dash's WiFi, open any web browser, and go to 192.168.1.1.
- Log in using the default Administrator Username and Password listed on the sticker on the right side of the Starry Dash.
- From the Starry Dash homepage, click on the menu in the top-right corner. Under Maintenance, select Backup/Restore. Choose the Backup button under the Backup Configuration option if you wish to revert to your custom settings after the factory reset. This will save a ".conf" file to your computer.
- Choose the Reset button under the Back to Factory Default Settings option. The router will reboot. It may take 1-3 minutes for it to come back online.
If you want to change the WiFi name and password, or restore your prior settings from Backup, connect to the default WiFi name using the password printed on the sticker on the right side of the router. Log in via IP address again using the default Administrator Username and Password listed on the sticker on the right side of the Starry Dash. You will be prompted to create a new Administrative password. You can choose to do so, or select skip to keep it as the default.
To create a new WiFi name and password:
- From the Dash homepage, select WiFi Settings.
- Make sure Keep 2.4GHz and 5GHz the Same is checked.
- Under Name (SSID) enter the desired network name.
- To set the password, uncheck the box labeled Random Password. In the field labeled WiFi Password, enter the desired password and press Save.
To restore the Backup configurations of your Dash+:
- From the Dash homepage, click on the menu in the top-right corner. Under Maintenance, select Backup/Restore.
- Under Restore Configuration, select Choose File. Select the ".conf" file that you downloaded in step 3 of the factory reset instructions. Then, click Upload.
It may take a minute or two for the changes to go into effect. If you do not see the WiFi name in your available networks after several minutes, reboot the router. If you have any issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out!