Sorry to hear that. If your Wi-Fi is slow, here are some things to try:
- If possible, move your Starry Station to a central location in your home which will allow your Wi-Fi signal to extend further, as opposed to being in a corner where it may not reach as far.
- Interference from other electronics can cause problems. For example, microwaves, cordless phones, and baby monitors are among those household devices that could wreak havoc on your Wi-Fi signal. Try moving these away from your Starry Station.
- You may have unwanted guests on your wireless network, and their use can reduce the bandwidth that is available to you. Be sure to secure your network by creating a strong password. This will add a layer of security and free up some much-needed bandwidth.
- Make sure all of the computers on your network are healthy. If even one computer has a virus or other malicious software installed, it can slow down your network and infect other devices.
- Check your equipment. Your modem may need to be updated. Starry Station will update automatically for you, so don't worry about that.
- If you know what speed you're paying for from your ISP, check it by running a Speed Test to see if you are getting the speeds you expect.
- Finally, check with your ISP. They may be having an issue on their end.